Victorian Roller Derby League is a member owned and operated non-for-profit association committed to encouraging, promoting and advancing the sport of flat track roller derby. The league currently has three representative teams: All Stars, Queen Bees and Notorious VIC’s. The All Stars are the first non-US team to be ranked #1 and won the Hydra at WFTDA Championships 2017.
The VRDL was founded in 2007 and quickly skyrocketed into international competition after becoming a member league of the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA) in 2011. A decade after the league’s inception, VRDL continues to smash records left and right while dominating the roller derby scene on a regional, national and international level. These high standards are set by the three VRDL travel teams: the All Stars, Queen Bees and Notorious VIC’s. The league also offers many programs for those starting out including Juniors, Learn To Skate and Learn To Derby.
VRDL Achievements include:
- The first Southern Hemisphere league to become full members of the WFTDA
- Currently ranked #1 in the world within the WFTDA
- The All Stars become the first non-US team to win the WFTDA Championships in 2017
- The All Stars become the first non-US team to be awarded a medal placing (bronze) at the WFTDA Championships in 2016
- The All Stars undefeated at the Big O tournament in Eugene, Oregon in 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- The All Stars winners of The Great Southern Slam in 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2016
- The Queen Bees undefeated at the Big O tournament in Eugene, Oregon in 2017
- The Queen Bees winners of Bendigo Rebellion 2014, 2015, 2016
- The Queen Bees within the top three roller derby teams in the pacific on Flat Track Stats
- Notorious VIC’s winners of their division at Royal Rumble in 2017
- Notorious VIC’s runner up of their division at Rebellion 2017
- A successful and fruitful Juniors program
VRDL prides itself on being an inclusive organisation made up of members who are passionate about empowerment and diversity. With 80% of league members identifying as queer, we value the importance of fostering safe spaces and actively opposing and preventing discrimination. And as a league also founded due to the need of a space for women and gender diverse, VRDL has zero tolerance for sexual assault and harassment.
With inclusivity a fundamental part of our league objectives and mission statement, VRDL embraces people of any age, size, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability and cultural background. We will provide an opportunity for all to thrive and prosper through participating in the sport and community of roller derby.
Interested in joining Victorian Roller Derby League? Head to the get involved page for more information.